Are you a woman or a non-binary student who is passionate about science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM)? Do you want to pursue a STEM degree in a college or university in the United States? If yes, then you might be interested in applying for the Science Ambassador Scholarship, a full-tuition scholarship funded by Cards Against Humanity.
The Science Ambassador Scholarship is a unique opportunity for women and non-binary students who want to showcase their STEM skills and knowledge to the world. The scholarship aims to support and encourage more diversity and representation in STEM fields, which are traditionally dominated by men.
The scholarship covers the full tuition cost for four years of undergraduate study at any accredited college or university in the United States or a United States Territory. The scholarship does not cover other expenses such as room and board, books, or travel.
Table of Contents
What’s the requirement for securing the Science Ambassador Scholarship?
To secure the Science Ambassador Scholarship, it is crucial to adhere to the specified guidelines. The requirements include:
- Educational Pursuit: Applicants should either be currently pursuing or planning to pursue a high school or undergraduate degree in the designated field.
- International Eligibility: This scholarship is open to students attending high schools both in the United States and internationally.
- Language Proficiency: If English is not your primary language, you will need to demonstrate a high level of English language proficiency to ensure success in your academic endeavors.
- University Admission Requirements: Candidates must meet the admission prerequisites for their desired U.S. universities in eligible courses.
- Document Submission: Aspirants must submit a package containing a valid ID card, a passport photo in JPG format, a comprehensive CV, and their academic documents.
To apply for the Science Ambassador Scholarship, you need to film a three-minute educational video of yourself explaining a STEM topic that you are passionate about. You can choose any STEM topic, not necessarily related to your field of study. Your video should be:
- A mini-lecture, not a personal statement: Pretend you are a lecturer speaking to a class. Teach us something.
- Clear, creative, accurate, and a demonstration of your passion for the subject: We value novel, memorable approaches to topics. Your video does not need to be fancy or high-tech. Production value is not a factor.
- Three minutes or less in length: Videos longer than this will not be considered. No exceptions!
- About any STEM topic, not necessarily your field of study. Pick a topic that excites and fascinates you. We don’t need to hear about the latest thing in science news (unless that’s your jam).
- Scientifically accurate. We encourage you to cite the sources used to research your topic. Ideally, this would be in a slide or frame at the end of your video. You can use any citation format you’d like.
- Uploaded to YouTube and marked ‘public:’ No exceptions!
You must be a high school senior or an undergraduate college student to apply. You do not need to be a U.S. citizen to apply, but you do need to attend college in the United States or a United States Territory.
The deadline for submitting your video is December 13th, 2023 at 11:59 PM CST. You can submit your video through the official website of the Science Ambassador Scholarship https://www.scienceambassadorscholarship.org/. After submitting your video, you will receive an email to confirm your submission. This is a required step. Unconfirmed videos will not be reviewed.
An advisory board of women and non-binary professionals who hold higher degrees and work in a broad range of STEM fields will review the applications and select the finalists. The finalists will be notified in early 2024 to submit additional materials. The winner will be announced in April 2024.
The Science Ambassador Scholarship is a great opportunity for women and non-binary students who love STEM and want to make a difference in the world. If you are one of them, don’t miss this chance to apply for this scholarship and share your STEM passion with others.
To learn more about the Science Ambassador Scholarship, you can visit their website Here
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Science Ambassador Scholarship that you might find helpful:
How many people apply for the Science Ambassador Scholarship?
According to their websiteh, each year, approximately 1,200 to 1,700 women apply for the Science Ambassador Scholarship.
How many years of tuition does this scholarship cover?
The scholarship covers the full tuition cost for four years of undergraduate study at any accredited college or university in the United States or a United States Territory.
Which fields of study are eligible for this scholarship?
Any STEM field of study is eligible for this scholarship. STEM stands for science, technology, engineering, and math. Some examples of STEM fields are biology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, etc.
I haven’t decided on a major yet, but I’m definitely going to study a STEM field. Can I still apply?
Yes, you can still apply if you haven’t decided on a major yet, as long as you are interested in studying a STEM field.
I made a mistake in my video. Can I try again and edit my application?
Yes, you can edit your application until the submission deadline using the link in your confirmation email. However, you can only submit one video per application cycle.
Can I apply if I’m a graduate student?
No, this scholarship is only for high school seniors and undergraduate college students.
We hope this blog post has given you some useful information about the Science Ambassador Scholarship 2023. If you are eligible and interested in applying for this scholarship, don’t hesitate to start working on your video and submit it before the deadline. Good luck!